CTC replicator dual extruder layer shifts

• Hi all need advice on a printer issue.

I have a CTC dual extruder with sailfish V 7.7 installed. I started printing a predator bio helmet. Its a large print so I cut into a 4 part print as my build area isnt that big.

I use autodesk meshmixer to cut the file and add the necessary supports and the replicator dual makerware to render my files to print. I print from my SD card.

I will point out that I have been printing with this printer for 5 years trouble free more or less. It's well maintained.

The first print went successfully took 6hrs to print and came out perfect no problem.

The second print is where it started layer shifting left to right 2hrs into the print.

No problem I thought belt tension new tension springs installed but no good it happened again on the third attempt same file 5.5hrs into the print it shifted again left to right randomly.

Then again a fourth and fifth time again and again no pattern to when it happens. It prints perfect for a few hours and then randomly decides to layer shift. It has failed at random points on 3 different prints, and it's always a different layer on the print that fails which I don't understand.

Heres what I've tired to try slove the problem;

I Checked the slicer toolpath was correct and tried different programs to render the file again. All tool paths looked normal in travel movements.

Heated bed is level and calibrated

All belt tensions are good with new springs and belt teeth look good.

Tried combinations of different speeds and temperatures with my PLA nothing worked!

I adjusted my VREF potentiometer to give it a little more power as I read that the motor might be getting inconsistent power.

I completely disassembled and rebuilt my dual extruder checking for any obstructions or damage.

I checked the Gantry it's good and solid has no give, no wobble there.

Nne of the methods I've tried worked.

So guys I'm pretty desperate now I've spent 3 days trying to figure this out. I've watched so many videos about it but to no avail :( Anyone have any other ideas? Software issue? Wear and tear? Or a bad file?

• Gäste Informationen
    Hallo. Gefällt Dir dieses Thema im CTC-Forum und du möchtest etwas dazu schreiben? Dann melde dich bitte an. Hast du noch kein Benutzerkonto im CTC-Forum, dann registriere dich bitte. Nach der Freischaltung kannst Du dann das Forum uneingeschränkt benutzen.

Werde Teil des Forums.

Hallo. Gefällt Dir das CTC-Forum und du möchtest mitmachen? Dann melde dich bitte an. Hast du noch kein Benutzerkonto im CTC-Forum, dann registriere dich bitte. Nach der Freischaltung kannst Du dann das Forum uneingeschränkt benutzen.